29th April, 2014
Recovery is possible
Recovering from Schizophrenia and OCD
In 1996, I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Schizophrenia. Though I have endured and suffered a great deal, I have been blessed with satisfactory mental health care, I have learned a lot about the two conditions and how to cope, and I have achieved many goals and aspirations.
With Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, OCD, I have experienced many obsessions, which are fast, unwanted, intrusive thoughts. Did I leave the stove on? Did I touch my face with contaminated hands? Why do I doubt so much? These thoughts resulted in acute anxiety, fear, and worry.
The fear, anxiety, and worry made me want to do whatever I could to alleviate it; I engaged in any compulsion or ritual that I thought would free me from the torture. I would ask people if my fears were legitimate, for reassurance. I would wash my hands until they were raw. I would double check everything. I felt the need to check and double check; no amount of checking was enough.
Never lose your strength! :)
(via NAMI - You are Not Alone)
- careful-ibite reblogged this from just-a-story-and-stories-end
- just-a-story-and-stories-end reblogged this from anxiety-tips
- darryisalright likes this
- anxiety-tips reblogged this from namiorg and added:
- anxiety-tips likes this
- criistiinkn reblogged this from namiorg
- closetedhomosexualearthworm likes this
- sleepwalkingformiles likes this
- activemindsinc reblogged this from namiorg
- pammylynn said: So inspiring! Thank you!
- pammylynn likes this
- midnightstorm21 likes this
- namiorg posted this